Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
The curriculum of Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology is designed to meet challenges and demands affecting Kenya’s labour market as dictated by both local and international demands. The program is also designed to combat shortage of professionally trained personnel in this country, Africa region and the world at large. It is also designed to provide interdisciplinary approaches for training biochemists professionals and scientists able to work competitively in all fields and areas in the manufacturing, teaching and research sector of this country and beyond.
Why Study The Programme
The programme shall also provide Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology graduates with real world situations full of various techniques of teaching, research, knowledge, skills, attitudes, and experiences that prepare them to meet challenges in the fields of teaching and learning process.
- To prepare graduates who are practical in their approaches.
- To meet the increasing demand scientists in the labour market
- To equip learners with the learning capacity and capability to harness and implement relevant emerging issues.
- To provide graduates with requisite skills needed in the management of relevant Institutions.
- A Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with an average grade C+ (C Plus) or its equivalent. Or
- A Kenya Advanced Certificate Of Education (KACE), or Advanced certificate level of General Certificate of Education (GCE) two principle levels. Or
- Applicants who have not taken any of the above examinations must produce acceptable documentary evidence of having passed an examination of equivalent standards by a signed statement of attainment from the Head of the last school or College attended or from the respective education authority.
Exemptions and Credit Transfer
The applicant must have attained the pass mark in the subject to be considered for credit transfer /exemption from an institution recognized by the senate.
Download the most recent fee structure here
Applications can be downloded here , you can also submit your application online here
Programme Start Dates
January, May and September every year