Bachelors of Education (Primary Option )
This curriculum will form the basis of the teaching, training, assessment, grading processes and procedures. In light of this, Mount Kenya University curricula development and policy makers shall ensure it is not only of high quality but more importantly its implementation follows the existing university guidelines. Therefore registration for a particular teaching subject and course unit should meet departmental requirements.
Candidates registering for the award of the Bachelors of Education (Primary Option ) shall be required to take 21 Education units, 5 university common units and 30 primary option units which include 2 teaching subjects.
Students undertaking the course will be required to cover seven units per semester for eight semesters.
Vision and Mission of the University
The vision of Mount Kenya University is: To be an African Role Model of Excellence in Training, Research and Innovation in Science and Technology.
To provide World Class Standard Training, Research, and Innovation for Sustainable Individual, Social and Economic Development
Philosophy of the University
Our philosophy is to harness knowledge in education, applied sciences and technology for the service of humanity.
University Admission Requirements
Minimum Entry Requirements
The following shall be the minimum requirements for admission into the Bachelor of education primary Option Degree Programme.
- Mean grade C+ (plus) at KCSE or its Equivalent OR
- Mean grade C (Plain) at KCSE or an Equivalent with Diploma in Education from a recognized Institution. OR
- Diploma in Education from a recognized Institution with a mean grade of C and two years teaching experience OR
- KACE certificate with minimum of two principal passes and one subsidiary pass or its equivalent
Procedure of application for admission to the university
- Application shall be accompanied by a letter of recommendation and photocopies of all relevant certificates.
- The opening and closing date for receiving application shall be determined by the senate
- Application for admission to the university shall be made to
Registrar, Academic Affairs
Mount Kenya University
P.O BOX 342-01000