Certificate in Bridging English
Many O-level students are limited in careers and training by their poor O-level english performance. This has killed the morale of many and forced them into less desirable alternatives.
The bridging course in english is an intensive study program for preparing such category of students and hence enabling them pursue higher education in education, arts, sciences etc.
Why study the programme
A large number of candidates would like to pursue tertiary and University education on completion of high school education but are restricted by the poor performance in language subjects at Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE). To address this phenomenon, the School of Social Science offers bridging course in English.
- To strengthen students skills and capacity in English.
- To enable the students attain the minimum admission requirement(s) in the English subject(s) for Tertiary and University education.
- To assist the students to acquire and understand the basic principles of English,
- Upgrade secondary school leaver’s competence in English in order to attain the entry qualifications for courses in tertiary institutions
- Improve the trainee’s English skills
The general regulations of Mount Kenya University and those of the Mount Kenya University School shall apply. No candidate shall be registered for the Bridging Certificate in English without satisfying the minimum University entry requirements. The Senate of the university shall have the final authority on all matters relating to academics.The programme will be guided by the regulation stipulated in the following sections
Download the most recent fee structure here
Applications can be downloded here , you can also submit your application online here