Master of Education in Early Childhood Studies
The Master of Education in Early Childhood curriculum amounts to an expanded, more elaborate and innovative design founded on the following concerns:
- Educational requirements and market needs.
- Status in the Kenyan constitution.
- Status in the university calendar.
- Status of Investment in Education globally.
- Increased demand for scholars who have specialized in various options of Master of Education.
Focusing on the tenets and principles of vision 2030, the Master of Education Early Childhood studies curriculum is designed with a focus on emerging concepts with the aim to produce graduates who will work towards attainment and sustenance of this vision.
The Master of Education Early Childhood degree programme is designed to produce graduates who will;
- Provide teaching specialists to Public and Private Universities and undertake research to suit the current trends and reforms in Early Childhood Education.
- Be equipped with skills and knowledge covering a broad range of topics and disciplines relevant to the public sector education.
- Have strong analytic and critical thinking, knowledge, skills and abilities to
- Solve historical problems in public and private educational institutions
- Conceptualize and systemize people, principles, procedures, and data in public institutions
- Design and implement administrative solutions that enhance institutional performance in relation to educational reforms
Why Study The Programme
The Master of Education in Early Childhood course aims at helping the learner identify points of consonance and dissonance in today’s educational practices and expectations by equipping them with the ability to design instructional packages and apply scientific principles. The other main purpose of this course is to enhance research proposals, synopsis, and dissertations designed for this programme.
Holders of bachelor degree in early childhood studies, Education and other social science courses.
- To broaden the trainees world view through an integrated approach to the analysis of early childhood concepts, trends and reforms.
- To facilitate individual consolidation of knowledge and skills through application of modern theory and experience to representative case studies and guided seminars.
- To facilitate each trainee acquisition and/or development of highly focused specialized knowledge and skills in Those areas of critical individual need.
- Ensure the development of a sustainable industry-university linkage for mutual benefit.
- To lay a foundation for the development of a work force at levels of public, private and non-governmental management.
- To lay a firm foundation for those intending to pursue doctoral studies.
The following shall be eligible for admission into Master of Education inEarly Childhood studies degree programme:-
- A holder of a Bachelor of Education -Early Childhood studies with at least upper second class honours from Mount Kenya University or other recognised University.
- A holder of Bachelor of Education-Early Childhood studies with lower second class honours from Mount Kenya University or other recognised University with at least two years teaching experience/ related work experience.
- Holders of Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of science degree with lower second class honours plus a postgraduate diploma in Early childhood Studies from mount Kenya university or other recognised university.
Duration and Mode of Delivery
The program of study for the Master of Education Early Childhood Studies of Mount Kenya University will extend over a period of 18 months. This period will be divided into four (4) semesters. M. Ed Early Childhood Studies Program is implemented through the following modes:
- Regular basis
- School based
- Evening/part time
- Distance Learning
Download the most recent fee structure here
Applications can be downloded here , you can also submit your application online here
Programme Start Dates
January, May and September every year.