MKU to host 5th International and Interdisciplinary Research Conference
Mount Kenya University (MKU-Kenya) in collaboration with Kyambogo University (Uganda), Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Nigeria) and University of Eldoret (Kenya) under the auspices of the Inter-Universities Research Consortium will be hosting the 5th International and Interdisciplinary conference (2018) at Thika Campus. The Consortium mandate include hosting joint conferences as a way of dissemination of research findings, conducting joint publications and undertaking various activities that promote interdisciplinary research. This Consortium is driven by a basic objective and desire to achieve a common goal through collaborative academic engagements for the greater public good. The consortium has so far organized four international and interdisciplinary conferences since 2014 and the proceedings have been published in refereed, interdisciplinary journals.
The knowledge explosion witnessed in all disciplines continues to ascend in the 21st century. Globally, many universities and research centers are deliberately focusing on enhancement of development through research and results dissemination. This, coupled with the fast embracing of digitization adds to numerous gains but also to numerous risks and challenges. Consequently, this raises fundamental questions such as: is digitization helpful to the global village or is it a big threat? How does the digital era impact on pertinent issues of climate change, equality, poverty eradication, and many other emerging concerns. How do all these realities impact on the African continent?
Therefore, the 5th International and Interdisciplinary Research 2018 Conference (5iiRC2018) shall delve into these and many other related issues within the greater realm of academia. The 5iiRC2018 shall bring together practitioners, academicians, policy makers, governmental and non-governmental organizations on a single platform to discuss modalities of enhancing the achievement of the SDGs through various disciplines of study and research. The conference will also avail a chance for analyzing the critical role of digital revolution as either an enabler or otherwise. This will not only be a moment to share research findings but also to reflect on opportunities and challenges in Africa towards achieving SDGs through a multidisciplinary approach.
The objectives of the conference will be:
- To provide an opportunity for regional and sub-regional organizations to share results of their research findings.
- Promote collaborative and joint research in relevant and emerging thematic areas
- To provide a platform to exhibit academic innovations and products
- To provide a forum where members of the public, policy makers and other stakeholders can engage the scholars
- To promote networking between scholars and other professionals
||Digital Innovation and Knowledge Economy: Opportunities and Challenges towards Achieving Sustainable Development Goals
||17th to 19th October, 2018
||Mount Kenya University
The conference will be guided by the following sub-themes:
1) Climate Change, Energy and Environmental Sustainability
2) Globalization and Domestic Legal Systems in Africa
3) Fake News, Cyber Crime and Digital Revolution: New Frontier in Peace & Security
4) Shared Security and Community Policing for Sustainable Development
5) Role of Financial Literacy in Knowledge Based Economy
6) Innovations on Digital Health Care and Community Health
7) Role of Digital Technology in Disease Control
8) Integration of ICT in Education
9) Role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the 21st Century
10) Knowledge Economy and Entrepreneurial Innovation
11) Public-Private Partnership Towards Achievement of SDGs
12) Innovations in Destination Marketing and Management
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS AND PAPERS
The Inter-University Research Consortium through the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) of the 5th International and Interdisciplinary Research Conference 2018 (5iiRC2018) invites abstracts written in line with the multi-disciplinary sub-themes as indicated herein. Abstracts that cut across more than one subtheme are encouraged.
Abstracts should adhere to the following guidelines;
- Authorship: An individual may be the first or the presenting author on not more than two abstracts.
- Length: The title should not exceed 15 words. Capitalize only the first word and proper nouns in the title. The entire abstract including key words should not
- exceed 300 words.
- Font: Times New Roman 12, single paragraph, single-spaced in MS Word.
- Coverage: Reflect the article content including objectives, methodology, results, discussions, conclusions and recommendations. Review papers and project reports are also acceptable.
- Affiliation and contact: The following information must be included for each author: Full author’s name (s)- Affiliation (institution, country) and contact details (telephone and email).
- Deadline for submission is 31st May 2018.
Authors are requested to present in any of the following ways;
- 15 minutes oral presentations in MS PowerPoint
- Poster presentation
- Deadline for submission of abstracts: 31st May 2018
- Notification of accepted abstracts: Latest 15th June, 2018
- Early Bird registration: 16th to 30th June, 2018
- Registration deadline: 30th September 2018
- Deadline for Submission of Full Papers: 30th September, 2018
- Conference Dates: 17th to 19th October, 2018
Notes to the authors
- Full paper (s) should not exceed 10 pages, single spacing, font size 12, New Times Roman MS Word format.
- All references cited in the text should be listed alphabetically following APA format.
Journal Publication of the Conference Papers
African Journal of Education, Science and Technology (AJEST) will be publishing an edition for the quality papers presented during the conference. Presenters will be required to submit their papers for peer review by the dates indicated.
Get in Touch with the secretariat
Tel: +254 703 824 428 (8:00am – 5:00 pm EAT)