ADM010 Biomedical Engineer
This position reports to the Chief Technologist and will be to oversee usage, maintenance, installation, calibration and repairs of all laboratory equipment & services in the university
Principal Responsibilities are:
- Carrying out routine planned preventive maintenance of the laboratory equipment for optimum use of equipment.
- Trouble shooting, diagnosing and correcting faults in laboratory equipment
- Creating and implementing preventive maintenance programs
- Establishing and maintaining a safe work environment
- Executing tasks according to university guides and procedures
- Conforming to all safety rules and regulations
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Must be a holder of either Higher Diploma or Diploma in Medical Engineering or Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Electronics /Instrumentation) or related field from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Instrumentation will be an added advantage.
- Holders of Diploma in Medical Engineering Must be registered with AMEK( Association Of Medical Engineering Of Kenya)
- At least three years (3) hands on experience in maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of a wide variety and modern laboratory equipment in a busy teaching or research laboratory.
- Ability to diagnose technical faults and carry out repairs
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Be self-motivated, pro – active and possess the right attitude