Assistant Webmaster Position
Reporting to the University Webmaster
- Responsible for coordinating and directing all website related activities in the University.
- Ensuring that the web servers, hardware and software are operating correctly and accurately.
- Responsible for generating and revising web pages.
- Replying to user comments and examining and analyzing website traffic.
- Create and modify appearance and setting up website navigations.
- Periodically updating contents on the web pages.
- Coordinating the design, development , deployment and maintenance of online presence
- Developing and enforcing metadata to aid in indexing and search ability.
- Designing and implementing security architecture for web applications.
- Creatively develop interactive content for online and print media.
- Creating advertisement media such as product catalogues, in-house and external online advertisements in line with business objectives.
- Using the internet to build customer loyalty through online engagement programs.
The successful candidate should:
- Have a Bachelors degree in ICT or its equivalent from recognized Institution.
- Have a deep and broad understanding of the web and website governance issues such as online strategy, systems and software administration, hosting, online marketing & communications, customer service, web content development workflows and website graphic design.
- Know how to configure web servers such as Apache HTTP servers
- Have at least three (3) years’ work experience in a busy ICT environment
- Have experience in graphics design with knowledge in Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Corel Draw and any other graphics design software.
- Be able to design creative, original and fun graphics that keep up with quality standards.
Applicants are required to submit applications giving details of the educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address, a detailed curriculum vitae including three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization.
- Interested applicants should send the applications to the undersigned, quoting the reference number for the job applied for so as to be received on or before 9th October, 2017.
- Terms of service are provided for as per Mount Kenya University scheme of service
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be addressed to;
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Administration, Planning and Institutional Advancement,
Mount Kenya University,
Main Campus, Thika,
General Kago Road,