Excellent Career Opportunities (June 2017)
In pursuit of being a centre of excellence, the University wishes to recruit qualified academic/administration staff as indicated below.:
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
- Department of Educational Psychology and Technology (EPT)
- Department of Education Management and Curriculum Studies (EMCS)
- Department of Special Needs Education (SNE)
- Department of Early Childhood Studies (ECS)
Areas of Specialisation:
Applicants with specialization in the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Administration Management & Leadership
- Curriculum Studies
- Instructional Teaching
- Education Planning
- Philosophy of Education
- Economics of Education
- Sociology of Education
- Education Counselling and Psychology
- Early Childhood Studies
- Special Needs Education
- Technical Education
||DEPARTMENT/AREA OF SPECIALISATION
||Early Childhood Studies
|Business and Economics
||Languages and Humanities
|Institute of security studies justice and ethics
|Engineering, Energy and Built Environment
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITIONS:
SENIOR LECTURERS REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
PhD. Degree in the following areas of specialization from a recognized institution:
- At least five (5) years of University teaching, three (3) of which as full-time Lecturer.
- At least three (3) articles in refereed Journals since being appointed Lecturer
- Successful supervision of at least three (3) Postgraduate Students.
- Evidence of applying for a grant either individually or as a group since being appointed as Lecturer.
- Evidence of good quality teaching.
- Evidence of attendance and contribution at learned conferences, seminars or workshops.
LECTURERS REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Must have a PhD degree or its academic equivalent in the relevant field.
- Must demonstrate exemplary research, teaching and academic /relevant industrial experience in the relevant field;
- Must have taught in a University at the lecturer level or engaged as a researcher in a recognized research organization;
- Must have at least four (4) articles in refereed journals; OR at least one refereed book in his/her professional area published by recognized publishers, plus two articles or as per CUE guidelines where applicable.
TUTORIAL FELLOWS REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Master’s degree in each of the specified areas or related field from a recognized University.
- Bachelor’s degree in each of the specified areas or related field from a recognized University.
- Be registered for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in the relevant field.
- At least three (3) years teaching experience at University level or in research or in industry.
- Be registered member of a relevant professional body (where applicable)
- Publications in the relevant field as per CUE requirements
- Demonstrate both mixture of field practice and class Lectures
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lecture planning, preparation and research.
- Contact/teaching time with students.
- Checking and assessing students' work.
- Encouraging personal development via tutorial/pastoral work.
- Invigilating examinations.
- Attending staff meetings.
- Providing guidance to students in practical areas
- Assessing students on Industrial attachment/Teaching Practice
- Setting, moderating and marking examinations
Each application to be accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, Copy of National Identity Card or passport, Testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be addressed to;
The Human Resource Director,
Mount Kenya University,
Main Campus, General Kago Road,
P.O. Box 342-01000.
- Applications shall be clearly marked for the position applied for.
- Applications must be submitted on or before 30th June, 2017.
- Terms of service are provided for as per Mount Kenya University scheme of service.
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.