- Monday, 21 August 2017 IT Project Defence and Assessments
- Thursday, 17 August 2017 Career Opportunities (August 2017)
- Tuesday, 15 August 2017 No regret for choosing MKU
- Tuesday, 15 August 2017 My learning experience at MKU
- Tuesday, 15 August 2017 Top athletes explain why they chose MKU
- Monday, 14 August 2017 Restructuring at MKU Rwanda academic Programmes
- Tuesday, 01 August 2017 Notice to Regular, Evening, Weekend and Digital Varsity Students
- Tuesday, 01 August 2017 Notice to Distance and Institution-Based Learning Students
- Thursday, 27 July 2017 MKU web policy results in higher ranking
MKU web policy results in higher ranking
Varsity’s E-repository rated second in Kenya
Webometrics ranking of electronic repositories has rated Mount Kenya University (MKU) as a tower of open access knowledge in Africa.
The university’s electronic repository emerged second among Kenyan universities, just behind the University of Nairobi’s E-repository. It was also ranked among the top 25 on the continent, at position 22.
The latest ranking, released mid-July, shows that MKU’s E-repository surged from position three to two, making it the top ranked private university in Kenya.
The MKU E-repository is a rich open access archive for collecting, preserving and disseminating digital materials of scholarly works.
The high ranking is a confirmation that MKU’s web policy is spot on and has succeeded in spurring the electronic publication of mountains of quality scholarly works available to audiences across the globe – at the click of a mouse.