- Wednesday, 17 January 2018 Makerere University school of education delegates visited MKU
- Tuesday, 16 January 2018 Units registration notice
- Wednesday, 10 January 2018 Accreditation of Nursing Programme
- Monday, 08 January 2018 MKU open career day to be held on 13th January 2018
- Saturday, 06 January 2018 Safaricom Blaze Campus Experience Zones Job Exposure Opportunity
- Saturday, 06 January 2018 School of education subject combinations
- Friday, 05 January 2018 January 2018 Intake ODeL Programmes
- Wednesday, 03 January 2018 Invitation for Students at Thika main campus to register for STEP
- Wednesday, 03 January 2018 Collection of 13th Graduation Certificates
Call for innovative & creative activities for professional student associations
The current global trend in addressing socio-economic challenges strongly focusses on innovation and creativity. This is informed by reputable authorities such as John Howkins in the book “The Creative Economy: How People Make Money from Ideas”. According to Howkins, innovation and creativity are today’s hallmark of economic development. Consequently, in tandem with MKU’s Mission and Vision, the University is in support of Professional Student Associations/Clubs as possible breeding ground of the country’s innovative and creative minds. Entrusted with this responsibility is the Mount Kenya University Foundation (MKUF) which has received a generous donation of 3 million shillings from Mount Kenya University management, to announce the call for ideas, review applications, coordinate the disbursement of funds and assist in nurturing the best ideas to the next level. MKUF is a registered charitable arm of Mount Kenya University. It was established to co-ordinate several activities that the University has been undertaking in support of the students, alumni and the community.
Mount Kenya University Foundation is happy to announce a call for competitive proposals on innovative and creative activities for professional student associations & Clubs at Mount Kenya University.
Successful applicants will be funded to a maximum of Ksh. 200,000. The proposed activities should run for at least one year.
For further clarification, visit the Foundation Offices at Alumni Plaza, 9th Floor, Rm. 902.