- Thursday, 22 March 2018 MKU to host 5th International and Interdisciplinary Research Conference
- Thursday, 22 March 2018 May 2018 Intake Programmes
- Thursday, 15 March 2018 MKU open career day to be held on 12th May,2018
- Monday, 12 March 2018 School of Education April /May 2018 Intake Programmes
- Thursday, 08 March 2018 Varsity launches QMS in line with ISO9001:2015
- Wednesday, 07 March 2018 MKU school of Law participated in insurance debate
- Tuesday, 06 March 2018 MKU partners with German Institute to train locals on data science
- Monday, 05 March 2018 MKU Kigali launches new Hospitality and Tourism facility
- Friday, 02 March 2018 Newly formed foundation to steer MKU charity work
Varsity launch newborn units in Bungoma county
On Tuesday 19th of December, Mount Kenya University (MKU) and Bungoma County Government marked an important milestone when the state-of-art Newborn Units (NBUs) were officially handed over to the County.
This occasion was graced by The First Lady of Bungoma County, H. E. Caroline Wangamati who was accompanied by the County Health leadership. In her remarks, she expressed her deep concern for the high newborn mortality rate in Bungoma County and indicated that she would lead from the front in fighting for better maternal and infant health. She expressed optimism in reversing the sorry state of health in the County through strengthening collaborations as exhibited by MKU. She further challenged the community to shun retrogressive cultural practices and embrace new innovative ways of addressing health problems. She also called for more resources towards research and innovation in preventing premature deliveries, complications and deaths. In his statement, the MKU Vice-Chancellor reiterated the University’s commitment to its values of teaching, research and community outreach. He indicated the University’s commitment in strengthening synergetic partnerships with County Governments towards achieving the national development priority goals including health, food security as well as job and wealth creation.