- Thursday, 22 March 2018 MKU to host 5th International and Interdisciplinary Research Conference
- Thursday, 22 March 2018 May 2018 Intake Programmes
- Thursday, 15 March 2018 MKU open career day to be held on 12th May,2018
- Monday, 12 March 2018 School of Education April /May 2018 Intake Programmes
- Thursday, 08 March 2018 Varsity launches QMS in line with ISO9001:2015
- Wednesday, 07 March 2018 MKU school of Law participated in insurance debate
- Tuesday, 06 March 2018 MKU partners with German Institute to train locals on data science
- Monday, 05 March 2018 MKU Kigali launches new Hospitality and Tourism facility
- Friday, 02 March 2018 Newly formed foundation to steer MKU charity work
Accreditation of Nursing Programme
Mount Kenya University has been accredited by the Nursing Council of Kenya to train Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing. This accreditation is the fifth in the country to both public and private universities.
The Nursing Council of Kenya is the accreditation authority responsible for accrediting education providers and programs of study for the nursing profession.
The council has urged the students to make sure that the institution where they will be trained as a nurse is approved by the Council and that the training programme (course) is also accredited by the Council. If either is not accredited, the Nursing Council will not recognize any of the training the student has received. This means that the student will not be able to practice in Kenya (or elsewhere) after completing the training