- Thursday, 15 March 2018 MKU open career day to be held on 12th May,2018
- Monday, 12 March 2018 School of Education April /May 2018 Intake Programmes
- Thursday, 08 March 2018 Varsity launches QMS in line with ISO9001:2015
- Wednesday, 07 March 2018 MKU school of Law participated in insurance debate
- Tuesday, 06 March 2018 MKU partners with German Institute to train locals on data science
- Monday, 05 March 2018 MKU Kigali launches new Hospitality and Tourism facility
- Friday, 02 March 2018 Newly formed foundation to steer MKU charity work
- Friday, 02 March 2018 Why MKU is varsity of choice for many
- Friday, 02 March 2018 Delegation from Dubai visits MKU
School of Education in elaborate growth plans
School of Education intends to increase the number of departments from the current four to eight, and transform into a college.
The eight departments will thus be: Educational Psychology; Educational
Management and Curriculum Studies; Early Childhood Studies; Special Needs Education; Educational Communication and Technology; Educational foundations; Teaching Practice; and Physical Education.
The school also plans to increase the number of degree programmes on offer from 11 to 15 by year 2019. The additional programmes will include Bachelor of Educational Technology, Bachelor of Education (Physical Education) and Doctor of Philosophy in Special Needs Education.
Further, the school intends to increase the number of public lectures from three to five per year.
It will also increase the number of collaborations with local and international institutions of higher learning from the current four to six in 2018.
The student population is envisaged to grow by about 10 per cent by 2020. Hence, the school has within its plan to increase the teaching staff with doctorate degrees by five per cent by 2020 in order to enhance the supervision of theses by students, as per the Commission for University Education guidelines.
The school also intends to increase the number of PhD graduates from the current eight per year to 20 by year 2020.
10 reasons to enrol at the MKU School of Education