- Monday, 21 August 2017 IT Project Defence and Assessments
- Thursday, 17 August 2017 Career Opportunities (August 2017)
- Tuesday, 15 August 2017 No regret for choosing MKU
- Tuesday, 15 August 2017 My learning experience at MKU
- Tuesday, 15 August 2017 Top athletes explain why they chose MKU
- Monday, 14 August 2017 Restructuring at MKU Rwanda academic Programmes
- Tuesday, 01 August 2017 Notice to Regular, Evening, Weekend and Digital Varsity Students
- Tuesday, 01 August 2017 Notice to Distance and Institution-Based Learning Students
- Thursday, 27 July 2017 MKU web policy results in higher ranking
Top athletes explain why they chose MKU
John Kipkorir Komen is an alumnus of MKU Eldoret Campus. He graduated in July 2016 with a degree in criminology and security. He specialises in long distance running, and is one of the internationally feted Kenyan athletes. On 27 May 2017, Mr John Komen Kipkorir participated in the Luxembourg marathon and came second. This was after a competitive and impressive performance in France in 2015, where he broke a course record.
How was he able to accomplish such performances amid studies? “I preferred taking my studies at MKU because the mode of learning was flexible. MKU Eldoret Campus organized for me and my friends a flexible learning mode – the Distance and Institution-Based Learning,” he explains. “Our lecturers were very consistent and competent, and thus the skills we acquired from MKU will take us far,” he continues. “I was convinced by my colleagues who had finished their studies at MKU to study there. I am now a well-rounded person. I can handle several issues on security in this country.”
Wilson Kipsang Kiprotich specialises in long-distance running, competing in events ranging from 10km to the marathon. He was the bronze medallist in the marathon at the 2012 Summer Olympics. In 2013, Kipsang set a new record at the Berlin Marathon after finishing in 2:03:23 hours. Kipsang is a two-time winner of the Frankfurt Marathon (2010 and 2011), and has also wonthe London Marathon.
He won the 2014 London Marathon in a record time of 2:04:29 hours. He also won the New York Marathon the same year. Wilson Kipsang is studying for a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology and Security studies at MKU Eldoret Campus.