As you are aware, the University put on hold face-face mode of instruction for the time being. On the other hand, the online mode of instruction is ongoing.
As we wait for the current situation occasioned by the Global Coronavirus pandemic to change, the Directorate of Graduate Studies wishes to inform you of the following:
1) The marking of theses/projects and review of Ph.D. proposals for 3rd tier presentations are ongoing
2) For those students who had successfully attended Boards of Examiners’ meetings, they should continue working on the corrections
3) Supervision of postgraduate students via technology (video-/ tele-conferencing, etc.) is ongoing. In this regard, the Directorate of Graduate Studies has written to supervisors encouraging them to leverage on technology to engage postgraduate students
4) Deans of Schools have been advised to prepare schedules of defenses which will take place remotely via web technologies (the University has a provision for technology-based seminar presentations embedded on the Postgraduate Presentations via Web Technologies). To this end, we request you to do the following:
6) Semester progress reports for theses/projects should be submitted to the Directorate of Graduate Studies, through the Deans of the respective schools
7) Requests for allocation of supervisors should continue to be submitted to the schools through the Heads of Departments
8) Email enquiries to be channeled to relevant schools or the Directorate of Graduate Studies using the email provided above.
We wish to assure you of maximum cooperation, support and service at this time as we wait for normalcy to resume.
Dr. Ronald G. Maathai
Registrar, Academic Administration