Certificate in Community Development and Social Work
Objectives of the programme
- To introduce learners to the models of social work practice and their usefulness and limitations.
- To introduce learners to the theories underlying practice and practice decisions;
- To introduce learners to the social work code of ethics and its relevance to practice.
- The ability to understand the multiple and complex reasons for client situations and actions including the “positives” within client problems.
- The ability to have perspective on one’s actions as a practitioner and to use oneself deliberately and ethically to effect change
- Be holders of aggregate grade of C- in KCSE and grade C- in Mathematics and English.
- Division III in KCE with credit passes in mathematics and English
- Be a holder of any other qualification accepted by the University Senate as equivalent to any of the above
The Certificate in Community Development and Social Work shall normally be offered over a minimum of one (1) year of study, usually called academic year and a maximum of (2) years
Duration and Fees
Kindly click on this link to view the fees and program duration
Download application form here