Bachelor of Arts in Arabic Language
Minimum Entry Requirements
18.104.22.168 Direct Entry
- KCSE or equivalent certificate with a minimum of C+ and grade C+ (plus) in Arabic Language and C+ in either English or Kiswahili or similar grades in an equivalent examination approved by the University Senate. Or.
- KCSE with a C (Plain) or KCE Division II Plus a Diploma in Arabic Language (Distinction/Credit –from a recognized institution) or Equivalent and a C plain in Arabic Language.Or
- KCSE with a C (Minus) or KCE Division III plus a certificate and a Diploma in Arabic Language with minimum pass (Credit) from a recognized institution or Equivalent; Or
- A level (2 principal passes and 1 subsidiary pass) or Equivalent Or
- Diploma in Arabic Language from an institution recognized by the University Senate and a minimum of C- at KCSE. Diploma graduates may be eligible for credit transfers on application as spelt out by the University’s credit transfer policy. Or
- A graduate with a first Degree in any field from a recognized institution with a minimum of Second Class Honours (upper division) OR Second Class Honours (lower division) plus one year working experience in a related field.
22.214.171.124 Entry via University Bridging
- A holder of KCSE certificate or equivalent with a minimum of C+ and lacking clusters subjects, as in (i) above. The Candidate must score at least a C minus in Arabic Language as offered by Mount Kenya University.
- A holder of KACE certificate or equivalent with minimum of two principals and lacking O level clusters subject grades i.e. Arabic Language, English & Kiswahili .The candidate must score in the subject in which he/she is bridging as offered by Mount Kenya University.
126.96.36.199 Entry via Pre-university Programme
- Diploma graduates in Arabic Language or related field from a recognized institution
- A holder of KCSE certificate or equivalent with a mean aggregate of C (plain) and C (plain) in Arabic Language ie 6 months.
The programme will be guided by the regulations stipulated in the following sections:
Download the most recent fee structure here
Applications can be downloded here , you can also submit your application online here