Department of Biological Sciences
The Department Of Natural Science strives to provide a current foundation in the elements of scientific method, theory, applicability and laboratory practice that will encourage the student to acquire an in-depth appreciation of the scientific endeavor.
In the statement of these goals, the use of the word science is taken to include mathematics. Upon completion of a program in the Department Of Natural Science students will:
- Apply the scientific method and critical thinking skills to raise questions and define and solve problems.
- Evaluate the quality of scientific information and its interpretation.
- Clearly express scientific ideas using oral, visual and written communication.
- Understand the ethical dimensions and role of science in human experience.
- Acquire the technical and interpersonal skills to be leaders who contribute to an ever-changing society.