Varsity launches anti-theft examination booklets
The university management through the Directorate of Examinations has undertaken to improve the security and quality of examination booklets with the aim of having control of the booklets as well as enhancing the integrity of examinations.
MKU Council Vice-Chairman Dr. Vincent Gaitho displaying some of the new booklets moments after receiving the first batch outside Alumni Plaza at Main Campus, Thika
The new booklet will be in three different colours, pink, blue and yellow with additional security features. These include a unique barcode that will be of great help in tracking the missing Mark's , booklets from the store to the archives. The Directorate of examination with the help of Directorate of Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) has developed a booklet movement control system that will be rolled in the next examination series.
Highlight on some of the examination booklets security fetaures
- Booklets are printed in 3 different colours ; Pink, Yellow and Blue.
- Each booklet has a unique bar code.
- Each booklet has a unique serial number.
- A reflection of Mount Kenya University logo on the front page can only be seen using a decoder.
- The booklet is paginated meaning that no one can replace the pages.
- The last line in each page denotes ‘Mount Kenya University Examination Booklet’