What is Coronavirus or COVID-19
What is Coronavirus Disease or COVID-19?
It is a new respiratory disease which is highly contagious and it is spread mainly from person- to-person.
What are the signs and symptoms of COVID-19?
- High body temperature
- Coughing and sneezing
- Sore Throat
- Difficulty in breathing
- The symptoms start within 14 days of being infected.
- If you have these symptoms, visit the nearest health facility for medical attention or contact Ministry of Health emergency teams on hotlines: 0729471414 and 0732353535
How is COVID-19 Prevented?
- Wash hands regularly with soap and running water or boiled and cooled water or using and alcohol-based hand sanitizers
- Cough or Sneeze into a disposable tissue or bent elbow and wash hands immediately. Dispose the tissue in a trash or burn it
- Maintain a distance of at least 2 meters (6 feet) between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging with people with flu-like symptoms
- Stay home and avoid travelling when you have flu-like symptoms
- Person with a cough or sneezing should stay home or keep a social distance and avoid mixing with others in a crowd
- Maintain good respiratory hygiene by covering your mouth and nose while coughing and sneezing with a handkerchief, tissue or into flexed elbow